Welcome to the Monroe Mandolin Camp, where original, traditional roots bluegrass music is played, taught, jammed, and breathed 24 hours a day! Whether a mandolinist, fiddler, banjo player, rhythm guitar player, vocalist, or upright bass time keeper, MMC offers the finest instruction in a fun and inclusive environment. Young learning from the young at heart, southerners and northerners jamming side-by-side, long-time players side by side with beginners- all coming together to create a dynamic community…and to learn the music created by Bill Monroe.
Sign-Up and get full access to the following:
- World Class Instructors who understand the music and the culture, the folkloric stories, and the traditions that make up original, traditional Bluegrass music.
- 100 plus classes for Mandolin, Fiddle, Banjo, Harmony Singing, Guitar, Upright Bass, Old-Time Mandolin, and Songwriting You may take classes on any and all instruments-you are not tied down to one track. If your car is big enough, bring them all! (Fiddle and Banjo classes are structured for the intermediate player level and above.)
- Special Afternoon Elective Presentations: This year we are THRILLED to announce two very special presentations: Bluegrass Boy Butch Robins and newly retired Doyle Lawson. Additional special classes include Daily Yoga and Stretching for Injury Prevention in The Care of A Musician (led by Nancy Bounds), String Changing 101, and a Band Scramble Competition!
- One-on-One Individual, Knee-to-Knee Tutorial with an instructor of your choice. A focus private intensive that is all about you!
- Daily Organized Jams led by our instructors with support instrument musos. Jams are broken up into various levels including novice/beginner, slow, intermediate, fast, old-time.
- Support materials/ handouts for every single class are pre-printed into a bespoke custom camp manual. We know you can’t be in all the classes you want to be at the same time, so we provide materials for all classes for you to take home and work on throughout the year! Materials include music tablature, regular notation, links to instructor tutorial videos, and additional resource materials. Class schedules, class descriptions, venue maps, etc. are also included. NEW THIS YEAR: Please make sure to order one if interested!
- On Saturday Night prior to our A Night of Monroe’s Bluegrass Classics Instructor Concert at The Birthplace of Country Music in Bristol, TN, all participants will receive a private tour of the museum!
- Traditional Pig Roast with all the fixin’s, with master bbq chef, Eric Turner (vegetarian dishes available as well.
- Hot catered meals and near-by lodging at a venue that is exclusive use for MMC participants only. No curfew times for jamming…the two biggest decisions are what classes to choose from, and how much sleep one really needs!
- Once you’ve registered, you will be invited to join a Member’s Only group that provides additional community, support, and educational opportunities including a monthly zoom gathering, a Tune of the Month, and Special Events w/Guest Artists discussing various music related topics.