Welcome to the Monroe Mandolin Camp
where original, traditional roots bluegrass music is played, taught, jammed, and breathed 24 hours a day! Whether a mandolinist, fiddler, banjo player, guitar strummer, vocalist, or upright bass time keeper, MMC offers the finest instruction in a fun and inclusive environment. Young learning from the young at heart, southerners and northerners jamming side-by-side, new to the instrument and long-time players all come together to create a dynamic community…and to learn the music created by Bill Monroe.
Sign-Up and get full access to the following:
- World-Class Instructors who understand the music and the culture, the folkloric stories, and the traditions that make up original, traditional Bluegrass music.
- 100 plus classes for Mandolin, Fiddle, Banjo, Harmony Singing, Guitar, Upright Bass. You may take classes on any and all instruments-you are not tied down to one track. If your car is big enough, bring them all!
- One-on-One Individual, Knee-to-Knee Tutorial with an instructor of your choice. A focus private intensive that is all about you!
- Daily Organized Jams led by our instructors and support instrument musos. Jams are broken up into various levels including novice/beginner, slow, intermediate, fast, old-time. (The Fire-Pit jams fill up fast under the open starry skies!)
- Support materials/ handouts for classes in a bespoke custom camp manual. We know you can’t be in all the classes you want to be at the same time, so we provide materials for all classes for you to take home and work on throughout the year!
- Special Afternoon Elective Presentations: Iconic masters, Norman & Nancy Blake: A Retrospective; Band Scramble Competition; In Care of A Musician: Yoga and Stretching for Injury Prevention; Vocal Harmony Singing Workshop; String Changing 101; The Do’s and the Don’t’s in Band Dynamics
- A Night of Monroe’s Bluegrass Classics concert with our instructors and special guests;
- Saturday Night Traditional Pig Roast with all the fixin’s, with master bbq chef, Eric Turner (vegetarian dishes available as well.
- Hot catered meals and on-site lodging at a venue that is exclusive use for MMC participants only. No curfew times for jamming…the two biggest decisions are what classes to choose from, and how much sleep one really needs!
- Once you’ve registered, you will be invited to join a Member’s Only group that provides additional community, support, and educational opportunities including a monthly zoom gathering, a Tune of the Month, and Special Events w/Guest Artists discussing various music related topics.
- Walking and Running Trails on the Cumberland Plateau.
- On-site Swimming Pool