Welcome to the Monroe Mandolin Camp
Where legends pass the torch to the next generation of players. Focusing on the groundbreaking and innovative music created by Bill Monroe and His Blue Grass Boys (as well as on the music that influenced them), it’s “All Monroe, All the Time!”
Offering the finest instruction of Mandolin, Fiddle, Banjo, Guitar, Upright Bass, and Harmony Singing, our entire staff of Instructors, Blue Grass Boys, Luthiers, Special Presenters, and Support Musos provide a full immersion, hands-on playing experience in a fun and supportive environment.
Young learning from the young at heart, pickers from around the world jamming side-by-side, novice to long time players all come together to create a dynamic gathering of like minded souls.
Committed to building community from around the world, as well as forging platforms and connections for the next generation of musicians, the MonManCamp presents programs that ensure the continuation of this truly original and powerful American art form called Bluegrass Music.
- World-Class Instructors who understand the music and the culture, the folkloric stories, and the traditions that make up original, traditional Bluegrass music.
- Opening Night Party (Wed) to kick off the camp in style! You bring the jamming, we’ll provide a light supper!
- 100 plus classes for Mandolin, Fiddle, Banjo, Harmony Singing, Guitar, Upright Bass AND MORE! You may take classes on any and all instruments-you are not tied down to one track. If your car is big enough, bring them all!
- One-on-One Individual, Knee-to-Knee Tutorial with an instructor of your choice. A focused, private intensive that is all about you!
- Daily Organized Jams led by our instructors and support instrument musos. Jams are broken up into various levels including novice/beginner, slow, intermediate, fast, old-time.
- Support materials/handouts for classes in a bespoke custom camp manual. We know you can’t be in all the classes you want to be at the same time, so we provide materials for all classes for you to take home and work on throughout the year!
- Special Afternoon Elective Presentations: Iconic masters, Norman & Nancy Blake: A Retrospective; In Care of A Musician: Yoga and Stretching for Injury Prevention; Vocal Harmony Singing Workshop; String Changing 101; The Do’s and the Don’ts in Band Dynamics; Band Scramble Competition; Luthier Roundtable
- A Night of Monroe’s Bluegrass Classics concert with our instructors and special guests;
- Saturday Night Traditional Pig Roast with all the fixins, with master bbq chef, Eric Turner (vegetarian dishes available as well.
- Hot catered meals and on-site lodging at a venue booked exclusively for MMC. Vegetarian options available at all meals. No curfew times for jamming…the two biggest decisions are what classes to choose from, and how much sleep one really needs!
- On-Site Instrument Set-Up & Repair Shop
- Once you’ve registered, you will be invited to join a Members’ Only Alumni group that provides additional educational opportunities, support, and monthly community gathering (w/Special Events and Guest Artists.)
- Firepit Jams under starry skies.
- Morning and Evening Yoga.
- Walking and Running Trails on the Cumberland Plateau.
- On-site Swimming Pool and Gym