- MANDOLIN Video Competition: Video Submission between February 1-15. Winner announced February 28, 2020.
- BANJO Video Competition: Video Submission between
March 1 – March 15 Winner Announced April 1, 2020.
- FIDDLE Video Competition: Video Submission between
April 1- April 15. (New Dates): Winner announced April 30, 2020.
- NEW for 2020! GUITAR Video Competition: Video Submission
April 15 – April 30, 2020. Winner announced May 15, 2020.
- Music submitted must be a Bill Monroe tune or instrumental.
- Submissions open to candidates of any age.
- Participants to write a 500 word essay on their musical pursuits, why they are interested in Monroe’s prolific music and their goals in attending this camp.
- Video must remain under 4 minutes.
- Announce your name and song title on the video. You may play solo or with accompaniment-just make sure video camera is pointing on person submitting video. Please make sure we can see both left and right hands!
- A maximum of 25 submissions accepted (you will receive an email with confirmation if your video is accepted.)
- Upload video to YouTube, and email the link to: firstname.lastname@example.org . In subject line of email, please write “2020 (Insert Instrument ) MonManCamp Video Scholarship Competition.”
- The winner of each Video Scholarship Competition to be awarded a full tuition scholarship including camp T-shirt.
- Transportation, meals and lodging are separate and not included in the award, and the responsibility of the winner.
- Winning video may be used in promotional materials.
- Entries will be judged on 4 categories including: Authenticity, Execution, Difficulty, and Technique.
- Previous Video Scholarship winners are not eligible for consecutive years on the same instrument.
- Video Scholarship Winners are limited to instrument classes for whicht they won the scholarship.